Monday, February 13, 2012

A short PM (post-mugging) post.

Too busy getting my life back in order to organize much else, but, my oldest and dearest friend told me over the weekend that his mother had passed away. That saddened me far more than whatever I was feeling after my brief encounter with the thin threads of mortality on Thursday. She was a wonderful woman and I had written about her here many months ago in reference to her enjoyment of British Jazz singer Cleo Laine. I have only fond memories of her, and I most vividly and affectionately recall how gracious, kind, caring and thoughtful she was to me when I was in my teens and early twenties and going through a rough patch emotionally. She and her husband (who passed away many years ago) were what we used to refer to back in the volatile 60’s and 70’s as “ The Good Guys”. But they were far more than that and they devoted their lives to productive and humanist work and causes. And I was one of the beneficiaries of their warm and caring hearts. So these two are for them, and especially Marie.

by George and Ira Gershwin


By Alan Bergman/Marilyn Bergman/Jacques Demy/Michel Legrand


"So in a world of snow,
Of things that come and go,
Where what you think you know,
You can't be certain of,
You must believe in Spring and love"

No comments:

Post a Comment