Thursday, September 26, 2013



As Karen A. would say..."Oh Boy."


In a written statement, a spokesman for the utility said it could take two to three weeks to repair the 138 kilovolt feeder cable that failed just after 5:20 a.m. The cable brings high voltage power from the Con Ed grid to the railroad’s overhead catenary wires, which power both Metro-North and Amtrak trains through the New Haven line corridor.

The MTA website announcement included this gem:

"Customers are strongly encouraged to stay home or should seek alternate service"

 Why strongly encouraged to stay home?  Why even encouraged at all?  And for whose sake would we stay home? Do they know something I don't about the liberties I can take regarding my work obligations?  And if it was possible for someone to actually just stay home for the next three weeks without any difficulty, I doubt they would need any encouragement.  

Didn't get in this morning till the morning was turning into afternoon.  And gonna spend the rest of my posting time today trying to figure out when and how I'm gonna get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment