Thursday, July 12, 2012

Maybe it's because I'm a parent of two young men in the early phases of their work lives-- I found myself at:


 It's an article with a list of 200 jobs rated 1-200 from best to worst based on criteria from five general categories:

Physical Demands
Work Environment 
Income 
Stress 
 Hiring Outlook.

And the site includes comments section from readers whose contributions make for some interesting reading. 


At #1 is Software Engineer, #200 is Lumberjack. And smack dab in the middle at #100 is Cosmetologist. 


I don't give much credence to the the rankings or even the methodology since this  stuff is mostly subjective,  but for a general overview of a wide range of fields with just enough information to get a sense of how each job fits into the larger context of the world, it provides some interesting insights--especially in  how the five categories factor into the way that each job has been ranked.  Check it out yourself if I've intrigued you...or just proceed  to...


THE LAZY BLOGGER'S SOLUTION TO BLOGGER'S BLOCK WITH
MORE IMAGES FROM AROUND THE WORLD OF HUMANS AT WORK 















Sleeping on the Job is an entire category unto itself. 








If he intends to remain there, this is my nominee for world's worst job.




Look carefully...courtesy of The Onion.

And lastly, according to study cited above...the #1 worst job (out of 200)
(funny, it's a job I always thought I would enjoy)


No comments:

Post a Comment