Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Was following my curious (and substantial) nose for more stuff related to the life/work continuum theme that I've kinda, sorta danced around in various ways here and I knew if I kept on searching I'd find someone out there who could say it (and virtually sum it all up) a whole lot better than I , and I shoulda known it would be Crumb.  Kinda forgot about him but he's still as funny and fertile as ever living as an ex-pat in Southern France with his wife and daughter carrying on the tradition and doing their own knock-out thing.  
 The piece above strikes me as a metaphorical gem and pretty much sums up my work/life experience in a nutshell. Maybe it's the mood I'm in today, but I'd be happy to let those panels be placed on my tombstone (metaphorically as well since I've no intention of allowing my remains to occupy any significant earthly space) as representative of my time spent overground.

Either that or:


No comments:

Post a Comment