Tuesday, October 8, 2013



Alice in Washington D.C.

March Hare, Hatter : No room! No room! 
Alice:  There's PLENTY of room! [sits] 
March Hare:  (pouring tea)  Our Tea Party is only for those who are here. 

Alice:  But I am here.
March Hare:  How can you be here, when the party is only for Tea Partiers?   
Alice:  I don't know.  But I do know I am here. 
March Hare:   You won't be here when you leave.
Alice: I am not leaving.
Hatter: That may be, but you are also not staying.

Alice:  I cannot be both not leaving and not staying. 
Hatter: ( pouring more tea) Which is it?  Egg yolks are white or egg yoke is white? 
Alice: Neither. 
March Hare: Do you mean to say that you will not choose?
Alice: I mean to say that there is no truth to either of your  choices because egg yolk is yellow. 

Hatter:  Do you say what you mean or do you mean what you say?
Alice:  Both
March Hare:  (pouring more Tea) Ah, so again you cannot choose?
Alice:  I cannot choose because I do both --  I mean what I  say and say what I mean. 
Hatter:  But that is the opposite of what I asked.  
Doormouse:  (waking) Who asked who what?  
Alice: ... it is not the opposite.  You are making no sense.
March Hare:  Then we have no choice.
Hatter:  No choice.
March Hare:  What do you say Doormouse?
Doormouse:  More Tea please. 
March Hare:  (pours, but teapot is empty) Sorry, no more Tea.
Doormouse:  No more Tea?
Hatter:  No, I'm afraid there is no more Tea because she has forced us to choose the choice we didn't want to choose but had no choice but to choose.
March Hare:  And that was her choice...
Hatter:  And not our choice. 
Doormouse: (to Alice)  Do you have any Tea?
Alice:  Yes I do,  and my Tea is for everyone.
March Hare:  You see?  She has Tea for everyone, and since you are not everyone, that means she has no Tea for you.
Alice:  That is not at all what it means.
Doormouse.  I do not know what it means but I would like some more Tea and must now leave to find some.  (leaves) 
March Hare:  You see what you did?
Alice:  What did I do?
Hatter:  You chased him away because you were only thinking about everyone and not about him.
Alice:  Hmm..I do believe I will leave after all.
March Hare:  Oh, you can't leave now. 
Alice:  Why is that?
Hatter:  Because we have run out of Tea and you are the only one with Tea for everyone.
Alice:  Why do I suddenly feel so tired? 


No comments:

Post a Comment