Thursday, October 17, 2013


Wayne, Will, 
and a proven and effective 

treatment for headaches.


It happened more than once...my son Will and I heard just one or two  notes from a saxophone on the car radio and instantly looked at each other and announced in unison " Wayne".  I could (but won't) go on for pages about my love for  this 80 year old and still working Buddhist explorer of  the myriad possibilities within the sonic spheres --and I could post a dozen or so videos and tracks that I love as well, but this is a language driven blog so I'll just leave you with some things he said as only he could say them.
Wayne Shorter

"Jazz is a bumble bee flying from flower to flower, each flower being a different type of music, and the bumble bee says to each of them, 'I dare you.' That's what jazz means: 'I dare you.'"


"The resistance you feel in life is exactly the same as the resistance needed for an airplane to take flight."

 "In my solos, I try to play a story about how I think the world should be."

Ellen and I got tickets
to see the highly touted new production of Twelfth Night and-- as I've made it a habit for sometime now with the bedazzling but oft befuddling bard-- I'm reading it first so I can dispense with the inevitable archaic language struggle and just enjoy the performance. At least that's my intent, but truth is, I struggle mightily even when reading him and some sentences just won't yield their sense without the aid of expert assistance. However, this particular excursion into Elizabethan romantic comedy has yielded a few accessible to the lay-person treats along the way--

“In nature there's no blemish but the mind.
None can be called deformed but the unkind.” 



“Well, God give them wisdom that have it; and those that are fools, let them use their talents.” 

“But rather reason thus with reason fetter: Love sought is good but given unsought is better.” 

“Them that dally nicely with words may quickly make them wanton.” 

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?


Orsino: And what’s her history?
Viola: A blank, my lord. She never told her love,
But let concealment, like a worm i' the bud,
Feed on her damask cheek: she pin'd in thought,
And, with a green and yellow melancholy,
She sat like Patience on a monument,
Smiling at grief.

and of course...

“If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.” 




Dr. Mauskop  is a friend of mine.  But even if he was my brother, I wouldn't tout his product unless I was convinced of its value.

Yes, the Migralex site
http://www.migralex.com
looks like too many other dubious direct marketing sales pitches (sorry Alex, but that's how it looks) --but dig deeper into the different sections
( headache info, and  our blog in particular) and you'll learn more about how and why this is the real deal for the vast majority of headache sufferers.   I used to get migraines, and Ellen currently does and uses Migralex to supplement other treatments she receives from Dr. Mauskop.  I've never asked him if he approves, but I take a couple of Migralex when a headache comes on after drinking two Tequilas too many, and it hasn't failed yet to chase away the pain and prevent the next day hangover.  Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment