Thursday, October 27, 2011

ANOTHER LATE NIGHT EDIT AND FRESH OUT OF NEW IDEAS...SO I REPRINT A LITTLE DIALOGUE I WROTE A FEW YEARS BACK FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF MY TENNIS PARTNER WHO IS EVEN MORE SENIOR THAN ME.


SENIOR TENNIS
What a day huh?
Beautiful.
New knee brace?
Yeah, titanium hinges—very lightweight.
Advil?
No thanks, I took some Aleve earlier.
Which side you want?
I’ll take the sun side so you serve first.
Hooh boy.
Stiff?
Little bit, took the red eye Wednesday, still feel it in my neck.
You ever try that horseshoe padded thing goes around your neck?
I had one, but I left it on a plane.
You still play with Joe on Thursdays?
No, he had his surgery two months ago.
Oh yeah, his hip right?
Both of em.
He’s our age right?
No, he’s younger. He’s got a 12 year old.
Oooooph. Nyahhhhh.
Acccch….Yaiyeeeeeeee.
Hang on a minute.
What is that?
It’s for Tennis Elbow.
Does it work?
Who knows?
Looks uncomfortable.
It is.
Alex started taking Yoga.
Really?
Says it’s great.
I tried it years ago. It made me sleepy.
Was it in a really hot room?
Like a sauna.
You ready?
Serve em up.
First one in?
Alright.
Wow…sorry, I’ll get that later.
I got plenty of balls.
Good shot.
Your ad.
Beauty. Right on the line.
Out!
Out!
Ooooh, Jeez, what am I doin?
Out!
Out!
JEEEZ…What the HELL am I DOING?
Let! First Serve.
Out!
Out!
Score?
Ad out.
I think it’s ad in.
No, it was ad in when you hit that serve into the post.
That was this game?
That was two points ago.
What? You’re sure?
Yeah.
Wait a sec.... I had that volley winner at fifteen love.
Right. And then you double faulted.
That was in this game too?
Yeah.
I thought that was in the…alright, ad out.
Out!
FUCK.
What’s up?
I don’t know.
Ddidya twist it?
It’s nothing.
Want to stop?
No let’s play, it’ll go away. Ughhhh.-yeowwwwww!
I hear something go pop?
No it’s ok, let me walk it off for a minute.
I don’t think you should play on it.
It’s okay.
It looks bad to me.
Maybe you’re right.
You gotta get ice on it.
Damn. Look at it.
Holy shit!
It’s big isn’t it?
It’s fuckin huge.
I should probably have it checked out.
I’ll drive you to Emergency.
No, I can drive.
Are you kidding, It looks you got a grapefruit in your sock.
Yeah, it'll go down. So what are you doing next weekend?
I’ll be around.
Want to play?
Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment