Monday, October 17, 2011

Old Friend. New Pix.

More than a friend. A true brother.

Got to work today to find couple of e-mails from my oldest and dearest buddy. The aforementioned one who goes back to my Jr. High days. Couldn't begin to describe the impact and import he's had on my life, but safe to say that had I never known him, I'm fairly certain I'd be a less happy and less evolved human than I am today--and considering that I'm not really all that happy or evolved, one can only imagine the monster I might have been had I not the good fortune to have met him and cultivated our friendship for lo these many years.

When I told him about this blog, he took a quick perusal for himself, and was quick to ask if I had some kind of wish to sabotage this whole house deal through the airing of my personal and subjective views. Since I have nothing but the highest regard for Jeremy's (don't know why I kept his name under wraps prior to second paragraph, but perhaps it's a carryover from days of ducking the long arm of the law) insight and intuitive intelligence, his question gave me pause. Am I flirting with disaster here? Could I possibly, despite the best of (conscious) intentions be somehow hoping or wishing to make some trouble? If Marty is reading this, I know what his answer would be--an unqualified YES!. So for now I'll think about that some more and only say that I intend to keep writing and trust in myself and do whatever I can to keep Marty away from my fellow Drifters.

And now that Jeremy is reading this blog...or at least checking it out, I'm thinking that it would be fun to post his latest artistic achievements on these humble pages. It's some great R&B songs (hell, why the need for genre qualification? Good music is good music. Period.) that he wrote, arranged and recorded recently and played for me when I saw him last. In addition to his accomplishments in the field of law, he's one bad ass musician and the blackest, funkiest bass player that ever came out of a White Jewish Shtetl.


Now...the new PIx. Courtesy of Renee and Marty from their weekend visit to the compound.


Michael. Our contractor. Never met him. Hear only good things. And will be happy to sing his praises too...soon as he completes the work.




Seems much progress has been made on someone else's mausoleum. I'm almost afraid to ask, but assuming that somewhere there will be windows.




And to think that a year ago I was entertaining the notion of us trying to fix it up ourselves. But I'm smarter than that now. And a lot poorer. BTW. How much is lumber per square foot?

3 comments:

  1. i thought i was the one who made you a better and happier person......

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures. Want more! On all your posts. Maybe it's crazy but I want to challenge you to grab a camera or your guitar and make this sing like Melville. Anyway, some fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete