Thursday, September 22, 2011

BTW: I have reset comment settings. If you wish to post a comment, simply click on COMMENTS below the post and in pop up window choose Name/URL to enter whatever name you wish to be posting under....or anonymous if you wish to remain so. That should do it...no registration required.

As per the subtitle of this blog...

...we are three couples buying/building/sharing a vacation house. Three couples is misleading though, we are actually six individuals. And each of us has our own separate and distinct ideas and preferences about...everything. What that means of course is that pure participatory democracy may not be the most effective means of government if we intend to get anything done in a reasonable time frame and certainly not if we want to avoid complicating and burdening our already complicated and burdensome lives. That said, to date “majority rule” has pretty much worked for us without too much partisan bickering. Adding a pool received a vote of 5 to 1 in favor with me being the only dissenter, and I deferred graciously.


In general, I’m taking a back seat on this Streetcar named Hampton Desire where I expect I’ll continue to know my place (perhaps I should say I’m taking Rosa Parks’ former seat) particularly when it comes to design, furniture, color, appliances, fixtures and the like. What matters most to me is that the place is energy efficient, simple to maintain and doesn't leak when it rains. Otherwise, I'm either at the beach, on the water, or in the backyard hanging with the wild turkeys, raccoons and other foraging critters who seem to feel right at home...anywhere

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, crazy how nowadays if you can imagine something chances are YouTube has a video of it.

    ReplyDelete