Monday, September 19, 2011

Bad news. Woody's mom suffered second degree burns in an accident at home. We all spent weekend worrying and hoping for the best and apparently her condition has stabilized to the point where she is now on the mend and Ellen spoke with her briefly and reported that she sounded ok, all things considered. We're all relieved, but nevertheless shaken. Woody has been a busy son over the last few years spending considerable amount of time with both his parents who are at the age where each new day is both a blessing and a challenge. I went through it with my mom, but from 3000 miles away and relied on my sister to provide the weekly, and often daily care. My mom died four years ago (my dad died in 1969) and it's been a while since I had to deal with the issue of a needy and aging parent, but I remember how taxing and draining it was from both a practical and psychological standpoint. Am hoping to hear more good news in the days ahead. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment