Thursday, November 10, 2011

Just when you thought it was safe to return to AOD without risking another out on a Limb-Rick encounter...

Junkies don't reform easily, and I'm discovering that of all the word-play substance abuse I've indulged, the limerick is the toughest habit to kick. So taking a tip from Oscar Wilde, I'm dealing with temptation in the only way one can--by yielding to it.
So, four end of day odes in honor of Mr. Melville and the book that needs no further introduction.

We search and we drill and we frack
for that without which we would lack
means to drive or get heat
we’d be cold on our feet
and again stabbing whales in the back

The leviathan sprang from the deep
Taking Ahab’s leg off in one sweep
Cetological plotting?
Not at all, simply swatting
Like at flies buzzing round as you sleep

Once when curious I’d get my fix
From thesauri and Encycs and Dicts.
To those I would go
When I just had to know
Now I just find it all with some clicks.

All I need is a tuna on rye
And some time to kiss e-mail goodbye
don’t you knock on my door
for an hour or more
I’m with Moby on seas running high.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this web page, and paragraph is
    genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up posting such articles.


    Visit my blog ... webpage - -

    ReplyDelete