Friday, March 23, 2012

Don't like posting nothing, so here's something.



With insomniac LA production execs nipping at my heels, paranoid marketing gophers digging holes in my creative garden, a nose so stuffed I can hardly breathe, a sore throat that won't be soothed, three days to complete a campaign for the Parent Company and a two pound stack of tax related papers to sort through so I can make life easier for the accountant I pay to do it for me-- I’m too wiped to write, so feel free to scroll down and see if anything strikes your fancy from this box of saved up odds and ends (mostly cartoons) ... and my apologies for the sloppy lay-out, I just don't have the time.














“I’ve searched all the parks in all the cities and found no statues of committees.”
― G.K. Chesterton













































































"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America
















































My son Eli once remarked, “ the three most beautiful words in English are: I love you—and the four most beautiful are: Mets win Yankees lose.”




























At the end of Joyce Cary’s novel The Horse’s Mouth, Gulley Jimson suffers a paralyzing stroke, and can no longer paint. As he is being taken to hospital, a nun who is nursing him remarks that he should be praying instead of laughing, "Same thing, Mother." replies Jimson, his last words.























"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." 
-Anonymous


We had fed the heart on fantasy,
The heart’s grown brutal from the fare
-William Butler Yeats






































No comments:

Post a Comment