Friday, March 30, 2012





Richard --

Last night, I heard that more than 30,000 people responded to my message from the other day.

To me, that number signals we're ready for what's next in this campaign. That's what I'm talking about when I say Barack needs you this week. That's the kind of momentum that's going to win this election.

In two days, we face the biggest fundraising deadline of this campaign so far.

We've got this.

Donate $3 or more today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/By-Tomorrow

Thanks,

Michelle




Michelle,

Congratulations! I couldn’t be happier about this good news since it proves that genuine substance and truth can still prevail over seductive style and flattery. And I offer you my sincerest apologies for any disparagement you might have read into my comments from a few posts back. I now see that it really doesn’t matter if your copywriters indulge in silly sentimentality and false intimacy as long as they remember to attach your name to the bottom of their misguided missives. For it is your name (and your husband’s) that carry the weight of credibility and respect—without which these fundraising letters of yours would be no more compelling or effective than your run of the mill spam.

I was considering sending a check along with this note, but then I saw that you said “We’ve got this.”
And actually, even if you hadn't said that, I probably wouldn't have sent the check. After all, what's my $3 compared to
what you must have collected from those 30,000.

Keep up the good work. And hope we can chat again soon. Always love hearing from you.

The Drifter.



Once you try a Triolet, it's hard to stop.

Krugman Collins Dowd and Brooks
Week after week, column by column
Bout movers and shakers, cronies and crooks
Krugman, Collins, Dowd and Brooks
Trailing the scent, baiting their hooks
Two do it funny, the other two solemn
Krugman Collins Dowd and Brooks
Week after week, column by column


Make believe people who live in these books
What do they matter? Why do we care?
On Kindles or smartphones or iPads or Nooks
Make believe people who live in these books
Aren’t Firemen, Teachers, Truckers or Cooks
Nor handymen, doctors, or rabbis in prayer
Make believe people who live in these books
What do they matter? Why do we care?


Corned Beef and Cabbage Pastrami on Rye
Is it HDL good and LDL bad?
Can never remember and now I know why
Corned Beef and Cabbage Pastrami on Rye
Life is for living - you live till you die
Hey Doc, thanks a lot, but you’re not my dad
Corned Beef and Cabbage Pastrami on Rye
Is it HDL good and LDL bad?


With throwing and catching and swinging and hitting
With running and stealing in a rush to get home
A drama Homeric unfolds in one sitting
With throwing and catching and swinging and hitting
Don’t bother to ask, cause I’m happy admitting
I turned down your invite to stay here alone
With throwing and catching and swinging and hitting
With running and stealing in a rush to get home






Happy Weekend

BTW: Just noticed that G.K.'s Jellyfish poem strays from the Triolet rules...instead of ABaAabAB he did it ABaAbaAB...and I wonder if was deliberate (committed contrarian that he was) or if he wasn't paying attention. I suspect it was the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment