Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Could it be that...

...those who cultivate an attitude of absolute certainty were at some time in their lives absolutely right about a certain issue and were thwarted or ignored or silenced and thus have been ever since seeking restitution for past injustices?
I'm absolutely certain that this is the case.


... demographically determined niche marketing to "like minded" groups and sub-groups is  eroding the "melting pot" communality required for democracy to function effectively?  I wonder if all Brazilian music listening, guitar playing bloggers and wood carving hobbyists would agree.

...the desire to be famous (or infamous) has outstripped the appetite for wealth--and the culture of celebrity is more socially corrosive than even the most extreme instances of money grubbing greed?  I don't know if this is true, but I hope I become famous for saying it.

Winding down my deep dive into Jewish history and the story of Israel and came across a short article entitled Israel's Peculiar Position by Eric Hoffer that ran in The LA Times in 1968, about a year after the Six Day War.   Entire article at: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1675470/posts

excerpt:

“The Jews are a peculiar people: Things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews. Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people, and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it. Poland and Czechoslovakia did it. Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchmen. Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese--and no one says a word about refugees. 
Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.” 
― Eric Hoffer


Pet Peeve...



 MFAUQ: Most frequently asked unanswerable questions...
How cool is that?
How should I know?
Can I ask you something?
Who do they think they are?
Can we talk?
Are you for real?
What am I, chopped liver?
Remember me?
Can you do me a favor?
Do I look lost?
Are you nuts?


No comments:

Post a Comment