Friday, May 10, 2013

I know I should, but I just can't...

Floss everyday.  (Let alone every week.)
Review/study/understand bank statements or Tax returns
Watch even one episode of Mad Men
Practice multiple octave diminished scales without getting a headache
Use the Power Drill for driving screws
Use the dishwasher without feeling like a lazy cheat 
Take an umbrella with me to work if it's not raining at that very moment 
Wear socks on weekends 
Sharpen my wood carving tools regularly
Make an appointment for a colonoscopy 
(Thanks once again to Drew and Natalie of Marriedtothesea.com for the apt and, as always, illustrative inspiration)

He even sleeps gracefully
I just gotta say a word or two or a hundred about Stephen Curry since old buddy and Blogging mentor Teddy Vegas waxed so eloquently about this B'ball Baryshnikov that I had to check him out for an extended look.  I thought I'd never use this term, but OMG!!!  The guy is transcendent.  Like Ali, Gretsky, Federer...he's the athlete who can make people who know nothing about the game drop their jaws in awe.  If LeBron is a Raging Bull, and Kobe a tireless Thoroughbred --then Curry is a graceful, swift, soaring, gliding, swooping, exquisitely elegant Eagle.  



THE WEIRDEST SENTENCE IN THE U.S. 
CONSTITUTION. 
POSTED BY HENDRIK HERTZBERG
You can cite a dozen reasons why the U.S. Senate is so dysfunctional--but here's the one that explains how by design, it was practically doomed to become so.

No comments:

Post a Comment