Monday, October 3, 2011

Decisions, decisions.

Marty started his day with e-mail blasts to us all telling us we needed to make some decisions and make em quick. Not sure why the sudden urgency…but assume work is moving along at high speed and for some reason it’s D-Day for choosing between 3 zone and 1 zone heating, wood burning stove v. fireplace (according to Ellen, we already opted for fireplace), bury the electrical outdoors or keep on poles, should we reduce footprint of bathrooms to give bedroom some extra space? Plus finalizing choice of front door, Washer/Dryer (gas or electric? and brand? ) and probably a few other things I’m forgetting. Poor Marty, he’s waiting for answers instead of going to the gym, and the gym to Marty is like the church to the Pope, so I can sense him getting antsy. Glad everyone else is good at this stuff, cause I find it hard matching socks in the morning and often forget to wear a belt and spend the rest of the day hitching my pants or letting the cuffs drag along the pavement. I assume they’re all into it and getting some kind of pleasure out of selecting styles, colors, and configuring it all out –I know Ellen is--and Truth is, I’m always grateful when Ellen’s attention to such detail pays off in the long run and the material world looks, feels and works better as a result. I always say I’d be okay with or without certain things, but maybe that’s cause I know she’s gonna take care of it no matter what I say, thus making me the lazy beneficiary.

Marty giving props to Woody for digging through the contract and spotting some major and minor errors, inconsistencies and the like. Woody is the man…ok, so is Marty. Glad they didn't rely on me to suss it all out, everything I know about contracts came from here:

LOOKS LIKE YOUTUBE HAD TO CEASE ALLOWING THIS CLIP FROM BEING EXPORTED AND EMBEDDED ELSEWHERE...
TO SEE WHAT USED TO BE HERE, GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH FOR MARX BROTHERS CONTRACT SCENE NIGHT AT THE OPERA OR ANY OR ALL SUCH KEYWORDS.

2 comments:

  1. thanks rick. it's good to know that under that annoyed attitude you really do appreciate what i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that! Haven't seen it a while. :)

    ReplyDelete