Tuesday, October 25, 2011





THE DRIFTER REVISITS CRAIG DAMRAUER’S NEW MATH AND ATTEMPTS TO CARRY ON THE LEGACY WHILE AVOIDING ALL OTHER PRODUCTIVE ACTIVITIES AND OBLIGATIONS.

Craig Damrauer started posting his New Math equations back in 2002. I became an instant fan and would send him my contributions periodically. I lost touch with him over the last few years and when I went back to his site I discovered that he has moved on to greener pastures—though the site is still there with a fair number of equations still posted.

http://www.morenewmath.com/

It’s worth a visit if you like this kind of thing and if you come up with any of your own I’ll pass it along…the site may be dead but Craig isn’t. I came up with a few dozen over the years but I've just discovered that I don't have an underscore option here which is what I need to create equations that include division. How could Blogspot (a Google Company) not provide an underscore function? Maybe it's here and I can't find it...but believe me, I've looked. So with that handicap I give you some of my efforts using div.by for the division functions.

Katrina = People div.by water - help

Family = (Biology + History) div.by Psychology +/- love

Ambivalence = maybe div.by maybe not + maybe not div.by maybe

Stock Market = value div.by perception + Crapshoot

Grape Nuts = Brown Pellets – grapes- nuts

Paul McCartney = Beatles – John – George – Ringo - taste

Avant Garde = Creativity div.by Chutzpah - {skill + tradition}

and a few more from the NewMath maven himself....



No comments:

Post a Comment