Friday, October 28, 2011

QUOTATIONS FROM THE GREAT BUT NOT SO FAMOUS….

“I’m up, I’m up…hey, it isn’t even noon yet”
--W. Cohn (my son)

“ Get your so-called creative ass into this meeting now!”
--D. R. Jackson (My Account Director)

“ I’d rather be a pirate than join the Navy”
--F. Pintauro (my boss)

“ Taste this, I think it’s rotten.”
--E. Biblowitz (my wife)

“ It’s going on the air tomorrow, so you better finish it yesterday!”
--D. Roach (my producer)

“ Oh Boy.”
--K. Applebome (fellow Drifter on her way to Morocco)

“ Come anytime, we’re easy…just don’t let the cat get out”
--D. Rabben (my sister)

“ Hey Dada, I may or may not make it on time”
--E. Cohn (my son)

“ All you need to figure out in life is the social, the psychological and the cosmic”
--J. Goldberg (my lifelong friend)

“ Osmosis. Youse Jesus.
--See above

“ So what color did you get? Oh, that’s nice, I like that. We were thinking of getting the same model but in brushed metal. Sorta silver, but with a hint of blue. But not really blue. More like a tealish blue. Bob doesn’t like it. But he’s letting me decide. But I’m not sure yet. I may shop around a bit more….”
--A. Noying (woman who always sits next to me on train)

“ What do you mean you’re not hungry?”
--B. Biblowitz (my mother in law)

“ Oh my god. You are so full of shit”
--M. Weinberg (fellow Drifter)

“ Oh Marty, you don’t really mean that.”
--R. Issacs ( Fellow Drifter and above’s wife)

“ It’s a good joke, even though it’s not funny.”
--E. Applebome ( Fellow Drifter)

“ I trust you, as long as you do it my way”
--H.D. (My Former Boss)

“ If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.”
--S. Lifeshy (my editor)

"I'd rather be fully engaged in the ridiculous
than marginally engaged in the sublime."
--The Drifter

2 comments:

  1. The two gems, as in I didn't have to be there.

    It’s a good joke, even though it’s not funny.”
    --E. Applebome ( Fellow Drifter)


    “ If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.”
    --S. Lifeshy (my editor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, gotta watch out for the inside jokes now that I have a burgeoning readership. I may hit double digits by end of the year.

    Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete